Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
“We’re all in this together. We can help each other reduce climate change and energy costs, increase energy independence and live more sustainably.”
1b) If you don't have a club, become the Captain or Co-Captain for your city or school Green Team in National Green Team League.
2) Help your city or school create and adopt an exhibit in the National Green Museum. This is your city or school plan.
3) Then help implement your city or school plan to help make your city or school green.
4) This is The Secret for Planet Earth: A visual plan accepted by your community. This is your Community Vision Board.
5) According to renowned Architect Bob Berkible, the hardest part is creating the plan. Once the community agrees on a plan, it is much easier to implement.
Advantages to your Environmental Club, City and School for joining the National Green Team League: Your exhibit becomes a Master Plan that allows to you compete and cooperate with other teams in order to create and implement the best plan for your club to help make your city and school green.
The National Green Museum and Environmental Hall of Fame hosts the Second National Environmental Hall of Fame Awards Ceremony and inaugurates the National Green Team and National Green Team League.
Exhibits from the National Green Museum will be displayed at the National Environmental Awards Ceremony on November 20, 21 and 22 at the Hotel Allegro in Chicago (across from city hall). Over 30 top environmentalists from the USA, Illinois and Chicago will be inducted into the Environmental Hall of Fame.
1) All environmental groups, including all high school and college environmental groups are invited to participate in the Environmental Hall of Fame awards ceremony. Members of all environmental groups will receive a Hero of Planet Earth Award (HOPE Award) for their dedication to helping the environment. If you are not a member of an organization, we can refer you to a club or you can start a Green Team in your city or school.
2) Environmental groups will have the option of creating their own exhibit in the National Green Museum. This will allow Environmental groups to become founding members of the National Green Team and its National Green Team League.
3) Members of the Green Team League will be allowed to compete/cooperate at the State Level to give recognition to their school’s and city’s accomplishments in order to help the environment.
4) Members of the National Green Team and/or the National Green Team League will become more effective as they learn best practices from other groups. They will also receive points and recognition for helping other groups become more successful. Green Team League members will be able to compete/cooperate at the National Level once certain criteria are achieved.
5) An exhibit in the National Green Museum and participation in the National Green Team League will inspire individuals to join and become active members of your green environmental club or association.
1) All schools, non-profit organizations and green businesses can place a 20" x 16" framed exhibit in the Green Museum, explaining how your school or organization is going green for $300 (for one year, our cost).
2) Funds could be raised from local businesses, alumni, neighbors and family ($25-$100/group) who will be given space on the exhibit. Funds could also be raised from members ($1-$5 for each school member) or classrooms ($5-$10/student).
3) All participating school and non-profit members will be allowed to place your pictures and comments in the exhibit. This is a Green 2.0 Museum!
4) All schools will be allowed to participate at the State Level and qualify for the National Level.
5) The exhibits will share best practices among the organization and help each organization learn best practices. All members who participate will receive their photo and comments in the exhibit, so it's a great time to recruit new members by the November 20-22 Awards Ceremony.
If you would like to be a Co-Captain of your organization for the National Green Team League, please click here.
Please include your name, organization, city and phone